Yesterday we went shopping for flooring, dual ovens, a sink, paint color samples and track lighting. We were very successful! The red oak flooring we picked up is now inside to acclimate until it is installed. Wayne started some demo yesterday in order to make a spot to put the flooring on to start the acclimation process. He demoed some of the old pine floor and started the kitchen tile floor removal. Now it is really feeling real. I started empty out the fireplace room before he started any demo to minimize any damage. Today I will empty out the whole kitchen. I am going to try to be methodical and keep stress away..... the key word here is "try". I have a hard time with clutter.........
Successful day of behind the scenes items taken care of yesterday: picked up the oak flooring, ordered wall ovens, narrowed down sink selection, and bought strapping for the barricades.
So that I could start acclimating the oak flooring, and so I wouldn’t have to move it again until installation, I demoed a small portion of the existing sitting room pine flooring to put it in that spot. Wendy said, “So we are really doing this huh?” I got a little carried away and starting removing a corner of the kitchen tile floor – now it’s starting to look like a construction site (or a war zone – depending on who you ask)
All the kitchen cabinets are now empty and the rest of the house is in disarray as we have found a temporary home for all our relocated ‘stuff’. My biggest advice to clients about to embark on this experience is to make sure they set up a temporary kitchen. Wendy has followed that advice and set up a microwave, coffee station, toaster oven, and a hot plate.
I’m afraid I might get stuck with dish washing duties in our little 10” bar sink…so I plan on eating out as much as possible or using a lot of paper products…